Total Pageviews

Monday, November 26, 2012

SELLING MY SOUL (TO ANY FOOL WHO'LL BUY IT)

The Danse Macabre is finally upon us as the Troikans feast on a cocktail of foolishness, incompetence, greed and vanity. It takes two to tango but the philosopher will argue that if there is no audience to witness it, the tango never really happened. Nothing sexy about this tango and the dancers are not sexy either. The Danse Macabre stars...

a) La Troika

You forget your rights and I'll forget your name
You're gonna keep prayin' cause you're all the same
This is the master's voice don't you dare defy it
What's it gonna take to make you riot?
Swing to the right, baby all the way
I'll be dancing with the devil on Judgement Day
I sold my soul to any fool who'd buy it
What's it gonna take to make you riot?
"Riot"                                               (RIOT)



b) The Politicos

Round here we talk like lions
But we sacrifice like lambs



"Round Here"                            (COUNTING CROWS)








c) The Hapless Primates

Now with hindsight, I admit
I don't admire the human lot
Frail bodies, fragile, ill equipped
Their lives are hard but they are not


"Postacrds From Planet Earth"              (SKYCLAD)







1 comment:

  1. And off we go, to the point for good this time.
    Troikans feast on a coctail we prepared and served. And trust me, we had some really good bar tenders here.
    "I'm a prisoner here, I can never go home
    There is nothing here to win or lose
    There are no choices needed to be made at all
    Not even the choice of having to choose"
    (Opium tea, Nick Cave & the bad seeds)
    And that is the situation here. So sad but true...

    ReplyDelete